Let us have a look at the top 10 most common causes of accidental deaths which are oftentimes the result of errors in judgment and simple miscues.
1. Car Crashes, 43,200 fatalities a year
The obvious big winner as far as fatal accidents are concerned. Looking at the impressive numbers would convince us that it is better to travel by plane. It is a lot safer than driving to town.
2. Accidental Falls, 14,900 fatalities a year
We may enjoy watching them on TV. However, these simple mishaps can lead to serious injuries and even deaths as the statistics have clearly shown.
3. Poisoning by liquids or solids, 8,600 fatalities a year
4. Accidental Death by Drowning, 4,000 fatalities a year
These fatal accidents involve all sorts of mishaps like boat accidents, and all imaginable accidents that can happen while bathing, swimming or simply playing in a pool, etc.
5. Accidental Deaths from Burns and Fires, 3,700 fatalities a year
Serious injuries and deaths may be the result of fires and other related mishaps like smoke inhalation, falling while escaping from the fire and sitting through a back draft.