People wonder what food lasts longer. Which items do not have an expiry date within 2-3 week? This article examines 10 food items which are non-perishable and will last for a long time, or at least through an emergency.
1. Canned Items:
- Canned Chicken, Beef, Ham (Spam)
- Canned vegetables that are preserved
- Canned fruit that is preserved in its own juice
- Canned soups-can be a meal of itself
- Canned Tuna and other fish (check expiry date)
3. Dried Fruits:
- Peanut Butter
- Spring Water
- Sparkling Water
- Trail mix bars
- Granola bars
- Dark Chocolate
- All other nuts are as long lasting. These are just examples.
All types of vegetable oils are non-perishable and last long. They are good for a number of things including cooking and making salads.
9. Powdered Milk:
Although the milk that usually comes in containers spoil within 2-3 weeks, powdered milk lasts longer. It is a good way to keep your vitamins despite hard times.
10. Instant Coffee/Tea:
These items last for years and will not rot or smell. They will always be the same. They are good to have in the house just in case of emergencies.