Posted on 09 May 2010.
These celebrities managed to make it big single-handedly but ruined it almost as easily. While some are trying to bounce back, others have faded away.
1. David Hasselhoff
This Baywatch star had been suffering with alcoholism for a few years and about 3 years back a video was released which marred his career forever. It was sent to the media by his daughter and it showed a drunken Hasslehoff arguing with the girl while trying to stuff a burger in his mouth.
2. Kathleen Battle
This singer was said to be difficult and known to throw tantrums during recordings and performances. She was asked to leave the New York Metropolitan Opera after which she took part in small-scale recitals and concerts.
3. Boy George
Boy George was a part of Culture Club and was doing quite well till he broke up with Jon Moss- his lover and fellow band member. Soon after, he got addicted to heroin and his reputation was tarnished for good.
4. Pee-wee Herman
Pee-wee Herman was born Paul Reubens and was an extremely popular television presenter for a number of years. In 1991, he was seen masturbating in a theater after which he was arrested. The media had a field day and destroyed whatever was left of this man. He was arrested a second time because he was allegedly involved with child pornography.
5. Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise was heartthrob only a few years back but his reputation began to dwindle when he started a campaign in favor of the Church of Scientology. He also made a fool of himself on Oprah and embarrassed the host as well as himself. While he is still as good looking and as charming, nobody is going to forget these incidents in a hurry.
Posted in Featured, People
Posted on 29 April 2009.
Let us have a look at the top 10 most preferred careers of men and women for 2009. These men and women are expected to grow professionally and rise faster than in any other career in the next five years.
1. Network System Analyst – The advancement in the field of information and communication technology has led to the increase in the demand for the expertise in the maintenance and installation of communication network.
2. Assistant to Physicians – The continued growth in the health service sector gives rise for the ever growing need for technically competent assistants of physicians. Skills required are focused in functional areas like preventive, therapeutic and diagnostics services.
3. Medical Aides – With the continued growth in the health service sector, the urgent need for health service professionals who are competent in essential clinical task is as high as ever.
4. Health Information and Medical Records Professionals – Records and database on medical cases and healthcare are getting more complicated with the fast paced growth of the health care sector. Technical competencies of records technicians are becoming more advanced and demanding as ever.
5. Software Engineers – With the continued advancement in the information and communication technology, the demand for more competent and technically trained software engineers is also at its highest level. The core competencies are in the areas of designs programs and software.
Posted in Business
Posted on 25 April 2009.
Let us have a look at the top 10 highest paying careers of men and women for 2009. These men and women are expected earn more than in any other career within the next five years.
1. Anaesthetist/Anesthesiologist – This medical professional makes patients unconscious before any surgical procedure or any other medical procedure is done. These specialists assess the level of medical risk associated with the medical procedure and determine the type of anaesthetic that is most appropriate for the surgical or medical procedure. These medical specialists also monitor the patient while undergoing a surgical procedure.
2. Medical Internist – This health professional diagnoses the patient and provide non-surgical intervention in the treatment of a medical condition or injury affecting the internal organ.
3. Gynecologist/Obstetrician – This medical professional handles the diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and other medical condition affecting the female reproductive system.
4. Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeons – These are dental specialist who handle operation of the mouth, jaws, neck and related head structures. These medical interventions are done to correct and damaged structure as a result of an accident or birth anomalies. These professional also do surgical procedures to remove tumors and correct abnormalities in the jaw structure.
5. Orthodontists – These are dental professionals who specialize in the diagnoses, examination and treatment of dental problems. They specialize in the design and creation of braces to correct anomalies and abnormalities of the teeth and jaws.
Posted in Business