There is a right way and a wrong way of dealing with your car mechanic. In most instances, what you tell him and the way you discuss things with him are just as critical as the quality of service that he is suppose to deliver. Here are the top 10 worst things to say to a car mechanic.
1. Can you take a brief look at my car?
This is a ploy resorted to by most car owners who haven’t made up their mind yet whether they are willing to spend for a serious work up on their car or not. Mechanics will easily see through your motives and would most probably take on a noncommittal attitude towards your request.
2. I wonder what those red lights mean.
3. Just do a patch up job as I am going to sell it anyway.
4. Can you lend me your screwdriver?
5. I will fix it myself but I not sure what exactly the problem is.
This is the height of insensitivity and your mechanic will never allow himself to exploited and abused by car owners. You are in effect saying that you are getting his service for the heavy stuff while you take on the simple task to complete the repair job.