Let us have a look at the top 10 most preferred careers of men and women for 2009. These men and women are expected to grow professionally and rise faster than in any other career in the next five years.
1. Network System Analyst – The advancement in the field of information and communication technology has led to the increase in the demand for the expertise in the maintenance and installation of communication network.
2. Assistant to Physicians – The continued growth in the health service sector gives rise for the ever growing need for technically competent assistants of physicians. Skills required are focused in functional areas like preventive, therapeutic and diagnostics services.
3. Medical Aides – With the continued growth in the health service sector, the urgent need for health service professionals who are competent in essential clinical task is as high as ever.
4. Health Information and Medical Records Professionals – Records and database on medical cases and healthcare are getting more complicated with the fast paced growth of the health care sector. Technical competencies of records technicians are becoming more advanced and demanding as ever.
5. Software Engineers – With the continued advancement in the information and communication technology, the demand for more competent and technically trained software engineers is also at its highest level. The core competencies are in the areas of designs programs and software.
6. Physical Therapy Assistants – The need of medical intervention for individuals with physical disabilities and dysfunctions is now being recognized and the demand for the relevant medical service is continuously increasing. The demand for the support services of competent aides for physical therapist in now at its highest level.
7. Health and Fitness Trainer – More and more people and spending time and money to address personal physical fitness issues. There is a sustained demand for the services of fitness trainers and professionals.
8. Database Administrators – The demand for data and information is already a permanent issue in aspects of our lives. There will be a growing and sustained need for the competency and skills of database professional who can manage an ever growing volume of data and information.
9. Veterinary Assistants – As we are witnessing the introduction of cutting edge technology in veterinary medicine, there is also the growing need for professionals who can perform supportive roles in various medical procedures.
10. Dental Hygienist – This emerging dental health specialty is expected to require more technically trained dental practitioners as dental hygiene procedures become more in demand.
Leave a Reply