If applying to a beauty pageant you should make sure that you follow these guidelines.
You may find yourself without a crown if caught, just like Leona Gage.
1. Perspective Applicants cannot apply if they hold a title in another pageant system, especially if they become a delegate.
2. Improper conduct also gets contestants thrown out. The improper conduct includes that of the contestant and the family members.
3. All applicants must have a goal in order to compete in a beauty contest. In Miss. America beauty pageant, there are several scholarships for universities and those seeking to embark on a career.
4. All applicants in beauty pageants must be between the ages of 17 and 24 in most contests, such as Miss. America. They also must be a citizen of the country/state they are representing.
5. Commitment is a must in beauty pageants. A title is not just something that is given without duty. If one applies, they will need to be able to accept the roles that come with the name.
6. Most beauty pageants will not allow contestants to be married or to have had a child. Leona Gage was disqualified in 1957 from the Miss Universe contest for being a mother of 2 and a wife.
7. If married women are not allowed, divorced women are also not allowed to participate. The name has miss. for one very specific reason. They really want someone who is and was always single.
8. Miss Boca USA makes contestants sell 10 tickets to the event. The eligibility requirements state that the contestant may be dismissed if she does not sell the tickets.
9. After being crowned, the ladies need to show good character and should not do anything to tarnish her reputation. Miss New Jersey Amy Polumbo was blackmailed last year where she was showed displaying unladylike behaviour.
10. A computer error is another thing that disqualified pageant contestants. Ms. Christina Silva was supposed to win the Miss. California crown but did not because of the error.