For a relatively small space, your mouth has a whole lot going on, health-wise. Your kisser is “teeming” with bacteria — most harmless, but left alone, capable of causing real problems in your overall oral well-being. While a healthy mouth and a pretty smile can be instrumental to our sense of wellbeing and self-confidence, it is much more important than just that. For one, dental problems could be very uncomfortable and could end up costing you a fortune. That’s why maintaining proper dental hygiene is important. Tooth ache are never a fun thing, but most of the tooth problems have simple solutions.
Brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily, eating healthy food and regular dental check up is the solutions to most of it.
Educating yourself to common tooth ache can be helpful for not having tooth problems.
Check out these top 10 common tooth problems and you would be surprised how easy it is to prevent many of them. Good nutrition and a few minutes of oral care every day would save a lot of trouble later and save money too. The idiom about an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, really says it all.
1. Unattractive smile:
Although this not is consider as a tooth problem. All those who are unhappy with their smile tend to seek it as a dental problem. Having an attractive smile builds confidence within one self, increasing their self esteem. Although with today’s growing technology one can be lucky enough to have beautiful and glowing smile. Teeth whitening, dental implants or other dental cosmetic work. These are easy approachable so that you can have a smile of your dreams.
2. Tooth aches and dental emergency:
Nothing is worst than having regular tooth aches. Tooth aches and dental emergency can be cured with regular dental checkup and sadly this is the only way to avoid it. We all know how scary it can be to have tooth ache, it can be painful and scary.
3. Oral cancer:
Oral cancer is a serious and a deadly disease all over the world. Every year over 3 laky cases are diagnosed every year. This a serious deadly disease, pertains to the mouth, lips or throat is often highly curable if diagnosed in early stages
4. Tooth sensitivity:
Tooth sensitivity is a common problem in the world. Basically tooth sensitity is discomfort from sweets, cold air, hot drinks, cold drinks and ice creams. Some experience tooth sensitivity while brushing or flossing. The good news is that it can be cured. You can prevent this pain causing problem which often gives you problem in eating. Once again your simple care and attention is needed.
• Use the salt water remedy
• Brush your teeth properly but SOFTLY.
• Adapt a hobby to reduce stress which leads you to grind your teeth.
• You can use numbing gel on an affected area.
• Visit your dentist once in a month or once in two months at-least.
5. Tooth decay:
Did you know that tooth decay is the second prevalent disease in the world after common cold. Tooth decay occurs when plague, those sticky substances that form on teeth combine with the sugar or starches of food we eat. This combination produces acid which attacks the enamel. Best way to avoid this by having healthy food which are low on sugar. Tooth decay is the destruction of tooth structure and can affect both the enamel (the outer coating of the tooth) and the dentin layer of the tooth. We can prevent it by few simple ways.
• Brush your teeth at least twice a day
• Use fluoride-containing toothpaste.
• Clean between your teeth daily with dental floss or interdental cleaners.
• Eat nutritious food and avoid snacks and junks.
• Use disclosing agents to see if there is any accumulated plaque.
• Visit your dentist once in a month or once in two months at-least.
6. Proportion of teeth:
The position of the teeth does make individual embraced in the public platform. As he or she would hesitate to smile which might lower their confidence? With growing technologies this too can be cured
7. Gum disease:
Dentist has said that gum diseases can lead to heart attack and strokes. A gum disease is an infection around the gum surrounded by the teeth and this is also of major tooth losing among adults. There are too major stages of gum diseases gingivitis and periodontitis.Regular dental check up and brushing twice can be helpful. If you’re told that you suffer from periodontal (gum) disease then don’t panic because you’re not alone. The adverse may be very bone and soft tissue damaging. You can prevent any intense condition by simple care.
• Quit one of the most important factors ‘smoking’.
• Brush your teeth twice a day
• Use an antiseptic mouthwash, one with anti-plaque.
• Fluoride treatment has helped to account for the decline in periodontal disease.
8. Mouth sores:
There are several types of mouth sores which can be pesky and bothersome. Unless a mouth sores lasts for more than 2 weeks there is nothing to worry. They would disappear on its own. Teeth grinding, also known as bruxism, is common and destructive. It can cause troubles like sore jaw, hearing loss, and cracked and loosened teeth. Oral lesions (mouth sores) make it painful to eat and talk. Most common oral lesions are fever blisters (cold sores) and canker sores, other types of oral lesions are hairy tongue, torus palatines and oral cancer. We can prevent oral soreness by simple measures.
• Stop smoking
• Avoid stressful situations
• Eat food carefully and slowly
• You can use a cool mouth wash.
• Avoid any trauma to the mouth
• Diet plays an important role, eat less spicy food and pack on a nutritious diet instead. Fresh fruits, leafy vegetables and cereals.
• Take good care of oral hygiene
• Avoid self medication
• Drink plenty of water
• Consult dentist/physician and use vitamin B complex and folic acid supplements, they help.
• Avoid eating hot, spicy food and carbonated drinks or beverages.
9. Tooth erosion:
Its basically lose of structure and it’s caused by acid attacking the enemal.Its signs and symptoms’ can range from sensitivity to more serious problem like cracking. The best part is it can be cured. Some commonly consumed foods and drinks contain acids that attack the enamel and weaken the tooth structure. This causes sensitivity, chipping, and cracking. The Dentist can help repair erosion, and can also reverse it with diet tips and special fluoride treatments.
10. Bad breath:
Bad breathe also known as halitosis or malodor. The entire above mentioned tooth ache can be the consequences of this .In the world, 85% of the people suffer from this. Using mouth wash can never be the only solution. Hence visiting the dentist can be feasible. Bad breath can be embarrassing and tough on those around you. According to a few people bad breath can ruin relationships. There are simple easy ways to prevent and cure this condition.
• While brushing your teeth clean your tongue and hard palate as well with the same tooth brush but softly. There are many bacterial colonies on your tongue which is the major cause of halitosis. Also use same brush to brush your buccal (cheek) side. But brush them softly.
• Use mouth wash and floss afterwards.
• Eat certain foods that smell good – because they make your breath smell good, too. Take fruits high in vitamin C, for example oranges are packed with vitamin C.
• skip cigarettes
Oral cavity is the most noticeable part of a person and so everyone from a common man to a media personality is very conscious about it. An attractive person is incomplete without their white, well- aligned teeth. Our little ignorance may lead to many dental diseases and teeth loss. Teeth is part of a human body which is once lost is lost forever. A beautiful person needs beautiful teeth. Prevention is better than cure, dental problems may occur but only when we don’t care much, so take care of that beautiful smile and keep on showing off your pearly whites.