Top 10 Handguns

1 2

In this article, I’ve prepared a list of Top 10 best Handguns on the market. If you’ve been searching for some great pistols/firearms, you are on the right place. Always ensure that your gun is stored in a safe place and is kept away from children at all times. For more information regarding Top 10 Handguns for Self Defense please visit the link provided.

1. Glock-17

Glock is a series of semi automatic pistols designed and produced by Glock GmbH of Deutsh-Wagram, Austria. It has been in service since 1982. It has an extensive plastic structural content. It has a short recoil locked breech; tiliting barrel action fires amongst others a 9x 19mm Parabellum cartridge is used by the Austrian military and US Law Enforcement agencies. Glock pistols have become the most profitable line of products, taking up 65% of the market share of handguns in the United States, in spite of preliminary opposition from the market due to strength and reliability concerns.

2. Smith & Wesson .500 S&W Magnum

This company is the largest manufacturer in the United States. Their guns are used in many Hollywood films such as Clint Eastwood’s Dirty Harry. The .500 S&W Magnum is considered the best commercial sporting handgun cartridge by the muzzle energy it makes. The gun is a double action revolver, which provide clients with power and velocity. No gun has been able to imitate this. However, due to high recoil, it is not for novices and should be used with caution.

3. FN Herstal FNP-9

This semi-automatic and polymer-framed pistol is part of a series made in the United States. The trigger is unique, wide and smooth, unlike many polymer guns. The reset furthermore is short and different. This makes the gun simple and accurate to use. Magazine capacity for the 9mm is 16 rounds in the magazine and one in the tube.

4. Beretta 92

The Beretta 92 is of Italian origin. It fires a 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge. It has been in production since 1975 and is in service in the Italian, French and US military. The Beretta 92′s open slide design guarantees even feeding and discharge of bullets and allows easy clearing of obstacles.

5. Walther P99

The Walther P99 is a semi automatic pistol of German origin. It is manufactured by Carl Walther GmbH Sportwaffen… It is used by the German police, Polish police and the Finnish army. .It fires a 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge. And has short recoil operated, locked breech action. It has a muzzle velocity of 1339ft per second.

1 2

About The Author

70 Responses

1. Steven

@David P.Curcione N.R.A. – You’re talking about the FN Five SeveN 5.7x28mm, right? Yeah, I have no idea how it did not make the cut for this list. This list is off in more than just the omission of the FN Five SeveN, but also the Sig Sauer P226. The P250?!? Man, where is the “History” behind that particular choice?? And as far as Sig’s go, I’ve owned a P226, a P229, and most recently a SP2022.

“The SIG SAUER polymer framed pistols has earned an enviable reputation and proven track record of reliable performance in the hands of law enforcement professionals. In December of 2004 the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command at the Rock Island Arsenal awarded SIG SAUER a contract for 5,000 SIG SAUER SP2022 pistols chambered in 9mm.” – Sig Sauer Official Website http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList

I’ve loved every Sig I’ve ever owned. Also every Beretta – including the “px4 Storm”. I imagine I will love the FN Five Seven, when I get my hands on one, as well.

Overall, weird list.

2. Joe

Only a complete douche goes for a 50 cal pistol. Sure S&Ws is well made but even so it’s still horribly impractical and complete overkill unless you are somehow face-to-face with a pissed off elephant. Seriously, only douche bags go for BS like that. Most of the rest of the list is questionable, only about two or three I could see deserving of the list, but after seeing the number 2 I realize the kind of person who wrote the list.

3. David P.Curcione

1 Let Cut down the Number of Handgun Mfgs Companies,Corp,I.N.C to ten Maim Mfg Copanines too!

4. David P.Curcione

1.Let Cut the Number of Handgun Mfg Names A to Z. to Let Limit it copanines up to Five Main Mfgs only is a Maxium Cap Limit in the U.S.a. too!! The Long Gun Mfgs to Names A.To Z Maxiun Cap limit up to 5 Mfgs in the U.S.A. Rifles & Shotguns Mfgs too! Is Maxium Cap Limit too!

5. Fabuloso

Glock 17 or 18? Beretta 92FS over Beretta 93R? Also why is the 1911A1 so far down the list? where is the Automags, the Hardballers? This list sucks. Also the Sig Sauer P226 is a great gun! I love me some .40 S&W sweetness. I’m also curious where the Colt Delta Elite is? The Mauser C96? Alright guys let’s write a new list!

6. Fabuloso

*Glock 17 over 18? Also you forgot one more little beauty while were on Handguns, strictly pistols, revolvers should have their own top 10s. But what about the Browning HP-35? Mean little sucker, I’d add that to my list in the other comment if there was a edit button!

7. Fabuloso

Lastly I’m quite shocked anything from CZ didn’t make the list, they’ve made some fine pistols over the years, then again considering the other omissions I guess I’m not THAT shocked :P
    Throw in a CZ75B it’ll do ya some good! Also you guys are right the FN Five Seven shoulda def made the list. And the HK USP, always loved that gun. That’s about all the great pistols I can think of. Besides about 4 on the current list.

8. Just sayin'

What criteria were used to choose the weapons? Were they most sought after, most expensive, most government contracts, most powerful, or most fun to write about?

9. David P.Curciond

1.Clock-17,2.Sig-259 Semipistal 3.H.D.2000/XD 4Walter-P-99 4.Mark-23 SemiPistal %.M1911 SemiPistal Semiautomatic 5.QsZ-92 SemiPistal 6.FN.Hersteal Fn/P-9 7.Beretta-92 (9mm too.

10. NOM1

1. M1911

2. Sig P210

3. Glock 17

4. CZ 75

5. CZ 99

6. HK USP

7. Beretta 92FS

8. Walter P99

9. Jericho (Baby Desert Eagle)

10. MK.23

11. clint

Smith & Wesson .500 S&W Magnum

Is a hand cannon for men with small penises.

Granted, I’m old

My Great Great Grandfathers 1911 has served my family well.
    I’m here today because of it.

12. Miniman

I think that guns are safe but a Berreta 92 shan’t be on it fam. Peace out mother Fuckers :D

13. JamesSmith

Why are there so many people going for the M1911. Unless it is Kimber, there is not much tactical about it. This is my list:

10. Glock 22

9. Browning Hi-Power

8. Ruger SR9

7. Sig P229

6. Beretta M9 (92FS)

5. FN Five-Seven

4. Kimber 1911

3. H&K MK23

2. H&K USP45

1. Desert Eagle

14. Kerry

“The Beretta 92 is of Italian origin. It fires a 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge.” Bullshit. Talking of douchebags and the like, you guys are freaking unobservant as moles. Whoever wrote this story needs to get their eyes checked. Without enlarging the picture even I as blind as I am, can read the stamp on the gun. MOD 92 FS – cal.177/6.5mm I’m thinking that would be a good way to piss off some perps.

15. Anthony DiGiovanni

The 500 that is stupid , but as they say opinions are like assholes ,every body has one ! This is one choice dumb as it is.

16. Bill Marx

Best hand guns hands down!!!

Anything made by Cabot Firearms or Wilson combat,. Period.